Whilst Avon cannot openly shout about it, everybody knows that Skin So Soft Dry Oil spray is world famous as Avons mosquito repellent and is just as effective as Jungle Formula or other insect repellent, but did you know that it can also be used on your pets and has a number of other benefits that your pooch will thank you for? Here's our top 20 that you may never have thought of.
1. Skin So Soft Dry Oil Spray, in original (it has to be Original) is a great insect repellent for your pet. (as recommended in "Outdoor Life" and "Field and Stream")
2. Mist onto animals sparingly from a distance of around 12cm. Brushing it in makes their coats gleam and keeps insects off so your animal is more comfortable.
3. Mix a little Skin So Soft Dry Oil in your pet's bath water. It removes fleas off of them and in between baths, spray them to get rid of new fleas. Just unscrew the cap to pour, it screws back on easily.
4. Rub Skin So Soft Dry Oil Spray on your hands before and after working with your pets and farm animals. It will remove pet odors.
5. If your dog should get tar or asphalt on the pads of its feet spray on Skin So Soft and then wipe off. If your dog doesn't react well to being sprayed, spray first onto a cotton wool pad.
6. Flea Bath: Use a flea and tick shampoo. Rinse, rinse, and rinse so no soap residue is left. Follow with final rinse of 2 litres of water 1 teaspoon of Skin So Soft Dry Oil. It helps replace the oils lost in bathing and has the added benefit of repelling insects.
7. Flea Repellent: Spritz on. It has been tested and proven to have significant, but not complete, flea-repellent activity for a 6-day period. It should help those dry coats, too.
8. Use Skin So Soft on any dog that has dry flaky skin. Many breeds have very dry and flaky skin particularly around moulting time. Dandruff and itchiness will improve tremendously and hair will become shiny and smooth.
9. Use it on horses to repel horseflies, it has the added benefit of a glossy coat too.
10. Barns and stables: Skin So Soft dry oil sprayed on barn walls and floor to discourage insects from hanging around or to eliminate them before putting in the new bedding. As time permits, and if you can keep your animals out of the barn for a few hours - let the barn stand and air out before re-filling with bedding. You can also use it on locks and bolts to keep them operating smoothly.
11. Use on your pets bed, to help repel fleas and to get rid of doggie smells.
12. A natural way to help cats with flea problems and flea allergies is to lightly spray Skin So Soft Dry Oil into the skin.
Skin So Soft is safe for fur licking cats.
13. Skin So Soft Dry Oil can be used as a hoof polish. This will put a nice shine to the hoof without drying it.
14. Spray it on a cotton wool pad and it works great on your pet's ears and around the eyes (be careful not to get it in their eyes).
Avon Skin So Soft Dry Oil Spray is available from my Avon Shop. Simply type 'Dry Oil' into the search bar at the top of the page. Buy 6 bottles or more and get free delivery anywhere in the UK.